Fire Safing 4″ X 24″ X 48″ , 4 Panels
Mineral Wool Fire Safing is designed to provide enhanced fire protection in perimeter fire containment systems, floor and wall penetrations, construction joints, and other firestopping applications. It is non-combustible, moisture-resistant, non-corrosive, non-deteriorating, mildew-resistant and vermin-resistant. Mineral Wool FireStop Safing is primarily used as a backing material for firestop caulks and sealants.
- Data Sheets & Downloads
Mineral wool is a non-combustible, lightweight and water repellent semi-rigid insulation batt that provides fire stopping and acoustical insulation properties.
Specifically engineered and produced as a fire stopping material for commercial, industrial and residential buildings, SAFE can be used for the following applications:
- perimeter gaps between concrete floor slabs and exterior wall systems,
- around conduit pipe and duct openings through walls and floor slabs,
- between fire walls and ceiling slabs.
This product has excellent fire performance properties, such as high melt temperature and low thermal conductivity which means the insulation acts as a shield against fire and temperature. In addition, Mineral Wool Fire Safing products are subject to very little shrinkage in the critical phase of a fire, so the insulation layers remain in place to better prohibit the spread of flame.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Low thermal conductivity
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi or bacteria
- Can be faced with reinforced foil facings
- Use of Mineral Wool can contribute to earning LEED® points