3M Fire Dam 150 Elastomeric
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant FD 150+ is a gun-grade, latex-based, elastomeric sealant that cures upon exposure to the atmosphere to form a monolithic flexible firestop seal. When properly installed, this sealant helps control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gasses before, during and after exposure to a fire and exhibits excellent adhesion to a full range of construction substrates.
We have the red version in stock, but it is also available in blue and limestone grey.
Recommended Applications: Construction joints; Piping, all non-combustible and small diameter combustible; Cables.
- Data Sheets & Downloads
Tried and Tested Fire Protection
Ready-to-use, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant FD 150+ is a latex-based elastomeric sealant. This gun-grade sealant cures when dispensed to form a monolithic flexible firestop seal and, when properly installed, this product provides up to 4-hour fire protection in tested and listed systems. 3M formulated this sealant to help prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas and firestop joints and through penetrations through floor slabs, walls and other fire-rated building partitions and assemblies. This firestop sealant offers a continuous seal with ± 19% movement capability for construction joints and typical pipe movement and exhibits excellent adhesion to a full range of construction substrates.
Fire Barrier Features
3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant FD 150+ acts as an acoustic barrier by minimizing noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly). 3M designed this fire barrier sealant to be water-based for easy installation, cleanup and disposal. In addition, the high-solids formula produces limited shrinkage. This halogen-free sealant is sag-resistant and has an excellent caulk rate (applied with conventional caulking equipment). It dries to the touch in 30 — 60 minutes and can be painted. In addition, this sealant has been engineered to be re-enterable and repairable.
- Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Fire resistive joint system tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
- Continuous seal remains pliable and allows for typical pipe movement
- Water-based for easy installation, cleanup and disposal
- High-solids formula means limited shrinkage
- Re-enterable and repairable fire barrier sealant
- Multi-viscosity grade offers excellent sealant and caulking properties
- Sealant helps minimize noise transfer