3M IC 15WB Intumescent Sealant
Designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas, 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ is a one-part, gun-grade, latex-based, intumescent firestop sealant. This firestop sealant provides up to 3-hour fire protection in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115. In addition, this product is fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). This sealant has been formulated to form a monolithic firestop seal that also helps minimize sound transfer, acting as a barrier to airborne sound transmission (STC-Rating of 54 when tested in a STC 54-rated wall assembly)
Recommended Applications: HVAC ducts and vents; Metallic and non-metallic pipes, including CPVC pipes; Blank openings; Single and bundled cables; Insulated pipe; Pipe and cable through-penetrations; Busways; Combos; Rated wall, floor and floor-ceiling assemblies; Static construction joints.
- Data Sheets & Downloads
Formulated for Protection and Ready for Inspection
We've formulated 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ to be easily cleaned-up with water. This sealant is paintable, as well as re-enterable and repairable. It is a halogen-free sealant that features exceptional adhesion, excellent caulk rate and sag-resistance. In addition, inspectors can instantly recognize 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ by its distinctive yellow color.
3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ firestops through penetrations passing through fire-rated floor, floor/ceiling or wall assemblies, as well as other fire-rated interior building partitions and assemblies (e.g. static construction joints or blank openings). In addition, the unique intumescent property of this material allows 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ to expand and help maintain a firestop penetration seal for up to 3 hours of fire exposure. 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant IC 15WB+ bonds to most construction substrates, including: gypsum wallboard, concrete, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing. This sealant meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
- Firestop tested for through penetration applications for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Sealant designed to help minimize sound transfer
- Water-based and paintable sealant provides easy application and clean-up
- Exceptional adhesion for long-term performance
- Applied with conventional caulking equipment with excellent caulk rate
- Sag-resistant properties offer clean application as well as strong adhesion
- Sealant is re-enterable and repairable
- Fire resistance tested for static construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)