SpecSeal SSB Firestop Pillows
SpecSeal SSB Firestop Pillows consist of a mineral fiber core material sealed with a water-resistant intumescent membrane. This coated core material is then heat-sealed in a tough, nonirritating, fireretardant poly bag. They easily compress and conform around any penetrant. Equally suited for new or existing conditions, SpecSeal Pillows make short work of even the most complex through-penetration firestop conditions.
- Additional information
- Data Sheets & Downloads
1″ X 4″ X 9″, 2″ X 4″ X 9″, 2″ X 6″ X 9″, 3″ X 6″ X 9″
SpecSeal® Firestop Pillows are designed for firestopping medium to large openings containing various penetrating items such as pipes, conduits, cables, insulated metal pipes, bus ducts and HVAC ducts. Pillows are particularly well suited for applications involving data, communications, power or control cables, innerducts and cable trays.
This method of sealing offers easy retrofitting of cable installations without the need to damage the firestop seal. Difficult applications such as one-sided shaft wall installations and other applications where access is restricted to one side of the assembly may be easily firestopped with this material.
- Available in four different sizes
- Tested in a wide range of construction types and configurations
- Easily installs from a single side
- Intumescent - expands in all directions for a tough, tight seal
- Reinstallable for easy retrofitting of cables
- Lightweight for ease of installation
- Easier wire screen requirements for large openings and 3 to 4 hour ratings
- Heat-sealed poly bag - strong & durable
- No sewn seams to unravel or tear, no irritating fiberglass
- Monolithic encapsulated core, no loose fill
- No special tools required
- Superior air leakage ratings