SpecSeal SSS Sealant
SSS Intumescent Firestop Sealant
SpecSeal SSS Firestop Sealant is a premium grade water-based Intumescent firestop sealant. SpecSeal SSS Sealant incorporates a proprietary two-stage intumescent technology making it the go to choice for any combustible or non-combustible penetrants. As little as a 1/2″ applied depth of SSS Sealant is required to provide up to a 4 Hr Fire resistance rating when tested to ASTM E814/UL 1479.
- Additional information
- Data Sheets & Downloads
10.5 Oz, 20 Oz, 29 Oz, 2 Gallon, 5 Gallon
SpecSeal® SSS Sealant features STI’s patented and proprietary two-stage intumescent technology. When exposed to high temperatures or fire, this material expands aggressively in a highly directionalized fashion to quickly close off voids left by the burning or melting of combustible materials.
SpecSeal® SSS Sealant’s unique multi-viscosity formula yields a single component sealant that has excellent caulking properties as well as high build properties on vertical or overhead surfaces. This single component sealant may be pumped, caulked (standard cartridge or bulk loaded), knifed or troweled. In addition, SpecSeal SSS Sealant does not contain PCB’s or asbestos.
SpecSeal® SSS Sealant is storage stable (when stored according to the manufacturer’s recommendations) and will not separate nor shrink when dried (when applied according to the manufacturer's recommendations). SpecSeal® SSS Sealant will adhere to all common construction and penetrant materials and contains no solvents that might adversely effect plastic pipes or cable jackets.
- Water-based - easy installation, cleanup, and disposal
- Two-stage intumescence - extremely fast and directionalized expansion
- Endothermic fillers - absorb heat & release water
- High solids formula - minimal shrinkage
- Sandable & paintable (when dry)
- Water-resistant - will not re-emulsify when dry
- Safe for contact with plastics
- Red color - easy identification and inspection
- Multi-viscosity grade - excellent caulking properties along with high build capabilities
- Excellent smoke seal
- Safe, no asbestos, no PCB's, no inorganic fibers
- Meets LEEDTM v3 requirements. Low emitting materials credit. See general LEED letter for additional applicable credits.