Fire Safing Insulation Deck Plugs 4.5″ to 3.5″ Taper, X 48″L
Fire Safing Deck Plugs are precision-cut from noncombustible UL classified high-density mineral wool panels. They are precision sized to fit into the fluted profile of metal decks encountered at top-of-wall joints.
- Data Sheets & Downloads
Fire safing plugs are comprised of mineral wool, preformed to slanted contour of metal deck profiles. They are used to fill and protect fluted areas above wall partitions. They also supply sound control by eliminating air spaces and muting vibrations.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Low thermal conductivity
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi or bacteria
- Can be faced with reinforced foil facings
- Use of Mineral Wool can contribute to earning LEED® points