SpecSeal Firestop Mortar 22 Lb Bag
SpecSeal SSM Firestop Mortar is a light-weight, cost conscious solution for oversized openings in concrete walls and floors. Once mixed with water, SpecSeal Mortar forms a light weight, low density slurry that easily applies into concrete walls and floors. SpecSeal Mortar cures quickly and will not spall or crack due to freezing or changes in temperature.
This passive (non-intumescent) material utilizes a combination of heat sinking and insulating properties to provide an extremely high level of fire resistance.
- Data Sheets & Downloads
SpecSeal® Firestop Mortar mixes with water to form a non-shrinking, high yield mortar that may be applied by pouring, pumping, or troweling. Its low density and light weight means that less forming as well as less forming support is required. Its low density also makes re-penetration for retrofitting a simple task. It is designed to dry quickly and will not crack or spall due to freezing or changes in temperature. Its adhesion is due to a chemical bond thus most installations require little or no mechanical anchoring.
SpecSeal® Firestop Mortar is used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. This product is also used in conjunction with other SpecSeal® Firestop Products such as Collars and Wrap Strips.
- Light weight - less forming and support required
- Fast drying - forms come down faster
- Low density - easy retrofit
- Economical - highest yield per pound means lower installed cost
- Wide range of application - includes aluminum cable tray
- Red color for easy identification and inspection
- Chemical adhesion reduces the need for expensive and time consuming concrete fasteners
- Versatile performer for a wide range of complex applications
- Paintable when dry