SpecSeal RTC Adjustable Collar
SpecSeal RTC Firestop Collars adapt to the size combustible pipe that you are working with. One collar is designed to address standard 3 in. & 4 in. plastic pipes as well as their associated couplings. RTC Firestop Collars adaptable nature make them an excellent tool to have at hand when bringing combustible penetrations up to code.
- Data Sheets & Downloads
SpecSeal® Range-Taking Firestop Collars (RTC) are factory manufactured devices designed to seal plastic pipes penetrating through fire resistance rated walls and floors. SpecSeal® RTC Collars are comprised of a heavy gauge metal collar housing a molded intumescent insert. The adjustable collar is designed to allow a single collar to fit 3 in (89 mm) and 4 in (114 mm) trade size pipes and corresponding 3” (102 mm) and 4” (127 mm) couplings. When exposed to temperatures in excess of 320°F (160°C), the SpecSeal® Range-Taking Firestop Collars’s molded insert begins to expand (intumesce) rapidly to form a dense, highly insulative char. Free expansion ranges from 32x to 64x original (pre-expanded) volume. Expansion continues up to 1,000°F (538°C).
- Adjustable - one collar fits 3” (89 mm) pipe, 3” (102 mm) coupling, 4” (114 mm) pipe, and 4” (127 mm) coupling
- Rapid expansion - closes off burning pipes quickly
- Small profile - use it in all the tight spots
- Flexible & durable - no loose flakes (eye hazards)
- Water resistant - no water soluble or hygroscopic ingredients
- Economical - lower installed cost
- High volume char - expands up to 60 times