Makita 6-1/2″ Plunge Circular Saw, Corded
The Makita 6-1/2” Plunge Cut Circular Saw (model SP6000J) delivers precise and more accurate cutting when combined with an optional guide rail system constructed with anodized aluminum for smooth, straight cuts. The saw and rail system work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful 12 AMP motor and a large cutting capacity with magnesium components for less weight and electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load for smooth cutting and a splinter-free mirror finish. The SP6000J is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications, and it is ideal for use on the jobsite or in a workshop.
Precision Settings and Features for Quality Cuts
The saw has a bevel capability of -1° to 48° with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. The saw delivers precise cutting, as the position of the blade enters the material on the same cutting line whether cutting straight or bevel. In addition, the saw has close-to-wall cutting (11/16-inch) for expanded cutting applications. The built-in depth stop allows a preliminary cut of 1/16-inch to be performed before the entire material is cut through for clean and splinter-free cutting
12 AMP Direct-Drive Power for Smooth Cutting
The SP6000J has a powerful 12 AMP motor with soft start for smooth start-ups, and Electronic Speed Control to maintain a constant speed under load for smooth cutting. The variable speed dial control (2,000 – 5,200 RPM) allows the user to set the speed for optimum performance in a variety of materials. The built-in torque limiter helps prevent motor burnout, with an electric brake for added productivity.
Precision Cuts and Ease of Use
The saw includes a range of convenient features, including a large top handle, an electric brake for more productivity, as well as a lock-lever that attaches the saw to the rail system so the saw stays on the rail when positioned for a bevel cut. The smooth and convenient plunge release lever is designed for operator comfort, and the depth adjustment with large scale is easy to set.
Best in Class for a Range of Applications
The SP6000J is engineered for cutting sheet material, finish work, trim work, and remodeling. It is ideal for a broad range of trades, including cabinet installers, cabinet manufacturers, finish carpenters, stair installers, flooring installers, woodworkers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw.
PERFORMANCE : Precision straight cutting delivers a splinter-free mirror finish
SPEED : Variable speed dial control (2,000-5,200 RPM)
CONTROL : Easy to set depth adjustment with large scale
DESIGN : Rubberized grip provide comfort and minimize hand fatigue
INCLUDES : 48T carbide-tipped blade, wrench, and stackable tool case.
- Powerful 3.0 AMP motor with soft start feature for smooth start-ups and improved performance for fast cutting, sanding, scraping and grout removalxxxx
- Variable speed control dial (6,000-20,000 OPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality work
- 3.2° oscillation angle engineered for faster cutting and sanding
- Precision engineered for reduced vibration (6.5m/s²) and low noise 80dB(A)
- Small diameter barrel grip for improved handling and added operator comfort
- Large on/off slide switch with lock-on button for operator convenience
- Clamp system provides 12 tightening settings; one every 30° (0° to 360°)
- Includes Blade, sanding pad, (10) sanding paper, (2) accessory adapters, accessory case and tool case
- Includes adapters to fit most competitive accessories
- Ideal for wood flooring, tile, plaster, sheetrock, wood, PVC and a variety of other applications
- Double insulated