Aircraft Cable, Galvanized
Galvanized cable has been an industry staple for decades, and for good reason. Through smart engineering, it’s one of the most versatile and reliable building materials.
Our galvanized cable is available as 7×7 strands for 1/16″ and 3/32″, and as 7×19 strands for larger sizes up to 3/8″.
- Additional information
1/16″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 3/8″
Galvanized cable has been an industry staple for decades, and for good reason. Through smart engineering, it’s one of the most versatile and reliable building materials. What gives cable its strength? It’s all in the design:
- Wires: The individual wires are the building blocks, but it’s how they are used together that gives cable its strength. The wires are wound such that they can distribute incredible amounts of weight and bear the burden of individual broken wires.
- Strands: It’s that configuration that creates the stronger strands, made by wrapping wires helically around the cable’s core. This gives the cable greater strength and durability.
- Core: The strands are wrapped around a sturdy core to give the cable its firmness. Typically, a cable will have a core made from one of the following:
- Fiber Core (FC): Usually polypropylene, sometimes hemp and sisal
- Independent Wire Rope Core (IWRC)
- Wire Strand Core (WSC): Both this core and IWRC are sometimes referred to as steel wire core or steel center